Man Got In Contact With Flesh-Eating Bacteria Who Didn't Even Get Into The Water

Man Got In Contact With Flesh-Eating Bacteria Who Didn’t Even Get Into The Water

Tyler King did not immediately touch the water the day he was infected with a flesh-eating bacteria. He does not know the way it happened. However, when his left arm started swelling, reaching three times its regular size, he rushed to an emergency room, CBS reports. “When I was a bit younger, I would have attempted to tough it out. Well, that would have been the worst stuff that I could do,” King stated. “If I had fallen asleep … and had woke up with it at speed, it was spreading, and I might not have an arm right now.” King, who owns a water sports business in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, had got vibrio. The microorganism is usually present in warm, salty water, a mixture of salt and freshwater. When exposed to an open wound, vibrio may cause skin infection. The bacteria could be harmful if the injury goes untreated.

King had navigated across a lake on Friday, per the New York Post. However, he hadn’t walked into the water. He is improving now. “The swelling has almost gone as well as the rash, however, the ache in my elbow and arm is still fairly significant,” he stated. East Coast beaches have had different latest reports of infections. “Waters are getting hotter, and the bacteria love warmer water, so we’re all at greater risk,” stated Dr. David Agus, per CBS. The critical thing to striking an infection, Agus said, is to deal with it quickly with antibiotics. He suggests people examine themselves and children for cuts and cover any open wounds with waterproof band-aids before going into the ocean. “Don’t be scared of the ocean,” Agus stated, “however be aware of what’s occurring.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *